Ready In: 15 minutes
Original Recipe Yield 9 servings
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2 cups milk
- 2 pints orange sherbet
- 4 ripe bananas
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 18 miniature chocolate chips
1. In four batches, process the orange juice, milk, sherbet and bananas in a blender until smooth. Pour into glasses. Cut a hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; fill with whipped topping. Pipe a ghost shape on top of each beverage. Position chocolate chips for eyes.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Ready In: Several Days
* 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries, thawed
* 2 1/2 cups cranberry juice
* 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
* 2 liters ginger ale
* 2 liters sparkling apple cider (non-alcoholic)
* 6 gummi snakes candy
1. To make the frozen hand: Wash and rinse the outside of a rubber glove. Turn glove inside out and set aside. In a 4 cup measuring cup, combine the thawed raspberries and cranberry juice.
2. Pour 2 cups of the raspberry mixture into a small saucepan. Sprinkle the gelatin over and let stand 2 minutes. Warm over low heat, stirring constantly, just until gelatin dissolves. Mix back into the reserved raspberry mixture in the measuring cup.
3. Pour raspberry mixture into the inverted glove. Gather up the top of the glove and tie securely with kitchen twine. Freeze until solid, or several days if possible.
4. To serve: Carefully cut glove away from frozen hand. Place frozen hand, palm side up, leaning against side of a large punch bowl. Pour in ginger ale and sparkling cider. Garnish with gummy snakes.
To avoid issues with people who may have allergies to latex, use a disposable glove that is latex-free. There is usually an alternative available in the cleaning department of your grocery store.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 156 | Total Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 0mg