Pistachio Christmas Ornament
I think this pistachio ornament is kind of pretty, and I like the natural character of it. I don’t think it would be too difficult to make. It’s all a matter of placement and gluing, and then there’s the eating of the pistachios. I volunteer!
What You Need:
* Medium egg-shape foam, such as Styrofoam
* Hot-glue gun and glue sticks
* Pistachio shells
* Eye pin
* 5/8-inch wide ribbon
* Scissors; metallic gold cord
How to Make It:
1. Starting at the narrow end of the egg form, hot-glue pistachio shells around the foam in a tight bud.
2. Glue shells around egg-shape form layer by layer until the entire form is covered. Some shells may fit a space better than others depending on width or “cupping” of the shell.
3. Tie a ribbon bow. Insert the eye pin through a bead and the ribbon bow. Apply some glue to the pin and insert into the center top of form.
4. Cut gold metallic cord and thread through the eye and tie into a hanging loop.
Source: Better Homes and Gardens
Visit Savoring Simplicity on Facebook. See FB link in sidebar.