October 26, 2009
- I found this house-o-lantern at Family Fun. It sounds very simple and inexpensive. Just what a Halloween project/decoration should be. Oh, and FUN, of course.
- Corrugated cardboard
- Pencils or markers
- Craft knife
- Glue stick
- Orange tissue paper
- Painter’s or masking tape
- Measure the inside of an appropriate window and cut corrugated cardboard to fit tightly. Draw a face on the cardboard, then cut out the pieces with a craft knife (a parent’s job).
- On the interior side of the cardboard, use a glue stick to cover the openings with orange tissue paper.
- Set the cardboard in the window and use painter’s or masking tape to hold it in place. Place a lamp near the window to light your house-o’-lantern.